The shots are over...thank goodness. Hopefully this means that Gwen won't catch...Chicken Pox, the flu, H1N1, MMR and won't have lead poisoning. After being stuck 4 times in her legs, she also had to have a finger prick and 2 small tubes of blood squeezed out (test for lead poisoning). I'm not sure who it was tougher on.
At 12 months she weighs 23 lbs. (80%) and is 30.5 inches tall (90%). She's wearing 18 month clothes, which are still a little long in the legs. We are transitioning her from formula to whole milk and she wants nothing to do with baby food any more. She's a pretty good eater and seems to try at least everything once that's put on her tray. Over the months she has really become good buddies with Ozzie, especially when she's in her highchair. Over the past few days she'll let you know when she's done eating my throwing all of her leftover food onto the floor for Ozzie. I'm sure they have some type of unspoken agreement.
Gwen is also walking and has caught on quickly, so she doesn't seem as wobbly anymore and can also get herself down from the couch pretty well. All of the kitchen cupboards have baby locks on them, except for a few that are safe for her to play in. Last night she was able to get one of the doors open WITH the baby lock, so hopefully it was just a fluke and not a sign that she's outsmarting us. I mean I know she'll outsmart us one day, but this early is kind of scary :-)
Her first birthday went well and she had her share of cake. I'll post pictures soon, since I wasn't able to capture that many, I'm relying on others to forward what they've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment