Saturday, July 28, 2012

Been WAAAAy too long!

Ashamed!  I can't believe I have gone 1.5 years without a blog post.  I'm going to blame Facebook and the ease with which I can upload a picture of Gwen and a blurb.  Nonetheless, I need to keep up with this blog.  So many fun memories are forgotten and it's nice to have something to reference.  It's actually come in handy when working on Gwen's baby book and her milestones.  We are approximately 6 weeks away from adding another member to our family.  We are excited to see Gwen become a big sister.  She's set on having a sister, but since we don't know what sex the baby is we have tried to warn her that she could have a brother.

So many things have happened since the last blog post.  It has been incredible to watch the transformation of toddler to preschooler.  We have found that Gwen has so many of our personality traits.  She's got a superb memory like her father and is impatient like her mother just to name a few.  She's become a great buddy to Ozzie, LOVES anything having to do with a princess (especially Snow White and Sleeping Beauty), wearing dresses and flip flops, puzzles, swimming, playing in the dirt and in the most recent months has gained an immense ability to play make believe with her dolls for what seems like hours on end.  Listening to her is funny and heartwarming.  Even though it seems she doesn't listen to us it comes out in her make believe play.

We've been able to do some traveling to see family over the past year.  Ohio, Seattle, Florida and California.  We are lucky to have family to visit in fun places and to be able to let Gwen experience Disney and the beaches.

I will add some photos of her and hopefully be able to keep up on this a little bit better, especially with a new addition coming soon.  We don't want to fall into the 'forget about the second baby with no pictures' right away!

Best! Lori  

No comments: