You've guessed it....my last week of maternity leave has officially begun. Ms. Gwen will be 12 weeks this coming Friday. To say that the past 11 weeks has flown by would be an understatement. I spent the first 4 weeks wishing that my life would return to normal and I could get back into the swing of things with work and daycare and all that jazz. Now, I've spent the past 7 weeks trying to figure out how I could be a stay at home mom.
It's pretty cruel that a baby starts to open up and really show you their personality at the 2-3 month mark, right when you have to go back to work.
Gwenie has been sleeping in her own crib for the past few weeks and is wearing 6 months clothes. She still loves bathtime, the swing and to play on the toy mat on the floor. She's not crazy about the Bumbo chair or tummy time, but mom makes her do it for her own good.
She's an absolute sweetheart that is already giving her dad the looks that wrap him around her finger. She's full of smiles and squeals and is always so happy..with the exception of when she's hungry.
Nate and I are going to take a trip to the North Shore this weekend. It's the perfect way for us to cap off the last 12 amazing weeks of parenthood. Gwen and Ozzie will surely be spoiled by Grandma Gail and we'll only call 20 times while we are gone......
Enjoy the pics of our beautiful Gwenie and wish me luck next week....I know I'll need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment