
We've gotten through our 2nd night at home and having a great time trying to figure out how the parenting thing works. We decided to purchase a pack n' play and put it in our room, it has a built-in bassinet. The first night at home we tried Gwen in her own room and found ourselves always getting up to go in and check on her...every little peep she made. We feel better that she's closer (for now)! She also likes our bed too and the comfort of being close to mom and dad....
We have also found that Gwen does NOT like to have her arms swaddled, as you can see.
A home nurse came today and checked out Gwen and myself. All was well, she was very informative and we were able to ask A LOT of questions. Gwen is slightly jaundice, so a little more blood was drawn to see if the numbers are going down since we left the hospital. It's a pretty common occurrence for newborns and with the blood type that I carry.
Slowly getting back to 'normal', Nate is able to be home this week and still logging in to keep work email in check - as well as try to get some last house projects complete before we are on our own. We have been scheduling our stream of visitors and promise to get everyone out here very soon. I think that next week we'll try to venture out while dad is at work and hit my office, as well as a few others along the way.
Thank you for all of the calls and emails, we truly appreciate that everyone is thinking of us. I would also like to especially thank my amazing husband for the support during our venture, I couldn't have gotten through any of it without him. He was also a master secretary with text and email updates on my behalf and getting the slide show out on the blog.
We'll post more pics later, I'm sure you can imagine that we have A TON in Gwen's 4 days so far. We find ourselves just staring at her and still amazed at the whole process. It's truly a miracle.
2 comments:
OMG I'm totally crying in my cube.
Isn't it the greatest! I love being a mommy! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see Gwen in person!
My best advice since being a new mommy myself is - Trust your instincts. You may feel like you don't know what you are doing or that your unsure of what to do, but it's amazing how quickly and naturally your mommy instints will kick in (and already have I'm sure!). You are the only mommy that Gwen knows, as far as she is concerned you are doing everything just right!
I wish you the best of luck!
Love
Jenny Thielman
Post a Comment